Suffering from anus pain. How to get rid of this without operation?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi Sir Iam suffuring from anus pain since two days, iam suspecting that hemorrhoids(Bit worried about the operation etc) , to which specialist i have to consult to examine, is there any way to get rid of this without operation?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Hemorrhoids is a common condition and most of the time the symptoms are pain during defecation,bleeding while passing stools, and constipation. You will need to be seen and examined by a general surgeon so that a proctoscopy can be done to confirm the diagnosis. Operation will depend on how severe the problem is. You can decrease the pain by using a stool softner like creamffin syrup, seitz bath and lubrication with vaseline/lignocain jelly before defeacation.Also itching around the anus may occur sometimes due to intestinal parasite infestation.So you can take tab albendazole 400mg 1 tab at night(single dose).
Follow up: Dr. Rhea Chanda 16 hours later
Thx for the reply mam.. i have some slight pain during the defection and no bleeding and iam not suffering from constipation, i seen some small bubble type particles in anus area. while sitting on chair iam getting some slight pain, this pain is developed since two days before that i dont have any pain. So i have to consult Proctologist or General Surgeon.Pls advice..
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 21 minutes later
If you have no bleeding then thats a good sign. You may be in the early stages but it has to be confirmed by proctoscopy. Consult a surgeon for that. Meanwhile follow the advice given earlier. Do a stool examination also. Anal fissures have to be ruled out also.