Suffering from anal warts and itchy body. What treatment is required to get cured?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: Hi!!

Greetings!!

I am 29 yrs/F suffering from anal warts since 1 month and its driving me crazy pls. help me and there is problem in my throat aswell now it has subsided and also mild itching persists in whole body.

pls. suggest something i am deperresed.

rgds,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
I would not say you have cause for concern but yes, they do need to be attended to.
There are different approaches to treatment from the application of topical podophyllotoxin solution to the warts to destroy them to destroying them using cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen) or Electrotherapy (hyfrecator, heat basically) or removal with lasers.
Salicylic acid preparations for topical application are effective and a few are available OTC like- Occlusal HP, Duoplant, Compound W, Duofilm, Wart-off,Wart-peel, Virasal to name a few. Please apply them twice a day for 10 days.
If there are still the lesions then you may need liquid nitrogen cryotherapy ablation of the lesions by your dermatologist.
Refrain from sexual contact until the problem is resolved or use protection (condom) in the interim. Please remember to treat your partner/s' as the case may be to prevent recurrences.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Hi!

Pls. accept my heartfelt thanks for the info. above.

Do i need to have any vitamins to boost my immune if yes kindly decipher words of knowledge on that as well. I am worried for my tonsils as well i get black phlegm sometimes.

I have read warts c/d be the reason for Cervical cancer so should i go for pap smear ?

Many thanks Dr. Tayal.
rgds,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 41 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You can take vitamin B complex and Vitamin C supplements to boost up your immunity. Getting a PAP smear done will be appropriate.
The black phelgem could be due to an infection or an old bleeding. You can consult an ENT specialist for a physical examination and proper treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 31 hours later

Occlusal HP, Duoplant, Compound W, Duofilm, Wart-off,Wart-peel, Virasal not available in market. pls. suggest something which is easy to pick from the medical.

Rgds,
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 hours later
You can ask for salicylic acid preparations for topical application on the warts from the local pharmacy.
Regards.