Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suffering from acute lower back pain, unable to do daly activities. Advise?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5952 Questions
hi. my wife is suffering from acute lower back pain from sone days. she is 35 and not able to perform daily chores. pls advise.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.
Firstly, your wife might have pulled some muscle in the back.
That is the commonest reason for the acute pain described.
Please try local antiinflammatory gels like Volini, a hot water bag , massage and rest.
The pulled muscle could be due to some abnormal posture, while working or sleeping.
If she is not relieved, please consult an Orthopaedic Surgeon for complete evaluation.
Also, it could be some nerve related pain, or rarely some abdominal organ disease with pain radiating to the back.
Please have her calcium and vitamin D levels checked, as most women are deficient, and take adequate supplements.
If she has undergone recent childbirth or is breastfeeding, this is more common.
Take care.
All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor