Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Suffering from acne. Looking for effective treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
I have always had pimples. Even though I am 32 I still suffer from acne..sometimes severe..sometime my skin completely clears up
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Kruti 29 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your concern. When you have acne usually beyond the age of 26 - 27, its referred to as adult acne. It usually occurs due to hormonal imbalance. Here, the most common cause of hormonal imbalance is Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).

You will need to get yourself investigated for it by getting an ultrasound examination of the pelvis and also by getting blood tests done. If the tests indicate that you have PCOS, then you need to treat it with anti androgens under the supervision of an endocrinologist.

For now I recommend you apply Retino A cream at night on full face for 2 hrs. And brevoxyl 4 % cream on the pimples in the morning. Also use a salicylic acid face wash twice a day.

This should help in resolving acne.

Hope my recommendations are useful to you. Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor