Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suffering from abdominal pain. Ultrasound showed RT kidney mild clubbing. What should be done?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
good morning i am suffring from pain in my right side abdomen from 10days i go through propre checkup in ultra sound report it shows RT kidney mild clubing
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting a query.

From your symptoms, it can be said that there is two possibilities
1.     Pain due to gastritis / hyperacidity.
2.     Pain due to kidney disease.

In your ultrasound scan, the clubbing detected in kidney indicates presence of a long standing chronic pyelonephritis, refluxing nephropathy, tuberculosis, papillary necrosis, and hydronephrosis. It means that there is increased chance of infective conditions in kidney and urinary tract. Sometimes, any obstruction may also lead to this situation.So, it should investigated first with urgent priority.
From the above discussion, it can be said that beside having gastritis for which you are being treated, there may be presence of some kidney disease.

So, you have to do –
1.     A routine urine examination.
2.     If, there is any indication of any infection, then you have to take antibiotics accordingly.
3.     A complete blood count should be done.
4.     Intravenous urography ( IVU) can also be considered.
5.     Continue the other treatment for gastritis as it was prescribed.
6.     Consult with an urologist for a thorough clinical examination, ordering necessary investigations and for further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor