Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Rheumatic arthritis. Which specialist to consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12677 Questions
my mother is suffering from rheumatic arthritis for last 15years and her knee and back is affected by it. She also has very weak nerves and has been suffering with neuro problem as well. Some acupuncture specialist has suggested me to give her Vitamin B12 and D3 injection. Please suggest what kind of specialist I should consult. She is 65years
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

For rheumatic arthritis, it is best to consult a rheumatologist or an orthopedician.
Vitamin B12 and methylcobalamin injections might help her nerve related problems.
For age related osteoporosis Vitamin D3 supplements will be helpful but these can be taken orally also.

For any neurological problem, I would advise you to consult with your neurologist. He would be the best person to guide further diagnostic workup and treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor