Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Psoriatic arthritis. C reactive protein was high. Taking floritax. Suggest a permanent solution?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10460 Questions
I am suffering from psorasis arthtics for the past 3 years and right now taking Folitrax 20 mg methoterxate injections 20 mg on weekly basis and now my doctor has recommend sazo tablets 1 a day The medicines currently am taking folic acid 5 mg, methoterxate 20 mg injection on a weekly, Lorsaid P twice a day
Sazo tablets recommended last week only after seeing my C.Reactive Protein which was 103.0mgs/L being very high

Am taking folitrax 20 mg only from last 1 week, earlier for the past 2 years taking folitrax 15 mg injection once a week

I need a permanent and a good solution as it is hamperring my day to day work
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Psoriatic arthritis is a disorder in which we talk in terms of improvement and not cure.
This is an immune based disorder associated with multiple superadded problems. The best way to have relief is to have medicines for symptomatic relief.
According to the symptoms, the drugs are prescribed to improve the quality of life of the patient. There is no effective way to limit the disease progression except for gene therapy which is still under trials.
You have been given the disease modifying and immunosuppressant therapy and their dosage needs a close monitoring with the help of clinical examination and blood tests.
Without a physical examination it is impossible to suggest any drugs or regulate the doses.
You will have to consult a rheumatologist for proper treatment and relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor