Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering frequently from UTI. Have smelling urine with itching and lower abdomen pain. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I am suffering frequently from UTI. Currently it is very much increased. Urine smells And its very itchy always. I have lower abdomen pain too. What should I do now. I have not consulted any doctor till now.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a urine r/m and culture.

Detailed Answer:
Dear madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Looking into your problem I see that you have already started antibiotics but since you are still having symptoms it is needed to consult a doctor get a CBC , urine r/m and c/s to start the exact antibiotic.

I advise you to drink lot of fluids , use urine alkaliniser like citrosoda XXXXXXX Rest and avoid exertion . Take paracetamol if fever is there .

A USG abdomen will be necessary to rule out any obstruction . A lower abdominal pain is common with UTI.

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor