Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Suffereing from acidity, taking pills but still keep getting stomach aches,puke after food or smoke. Advised ULGE. Permanent cure ?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
I have been having acidity for years now. have been drinking alcohcol a lot and also smoke. But have reduced both of them a lot. I keep seeing my Gastro Doctor and take pills as per his advice. Intially he suggested me that I may have little issue in Pancreatis but then after a month treatment with him, it came back to normal. But still here n there I keep getting stomach ache on the left side near stomach and some times in the centre of the stomach. And I puke a lot at times aftr a meal or a after a smoke. Doctor as advised me now to take ULGEL,Sparacid and Nexpro 40 before food and Zofer MD 4. Pls advise me to get rid off the complete stomach ache for a long long time..
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 21 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Your information is suggestive of Acid Peptic Disease

You need to stop alcohol and tobacco in any form

Avoid spicy, Fermented and junk food

Take small frequent meals

Continue Tab Nexpro 40 mg with domperidone for atleast six weeks twice a day before meals

Use Ulgel and / Or Sparacid as and when need be

Zofer MD can be used for nausea and vomiting

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept this reply and rate it

Get Well Soon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor