Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suffered from T.B. Cyst in ovary removed surgically. HSG showed tubes normal. Not able to conceived. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
i am 35yrs old, had suffered from T.B. in 2004, there was a rt. ovary cyst which was removed surgically,i was given anti TB for 9 mnths. before which I had two early abortions. now i wish to have a baby. my husbands semen report is both tubes are normal as per the HSG. my doctor has tried iui twice. he had put me on tab. clomid for 5 days each cycle.i have not concieved yet.he is starting me on the tab. oosure now.what do u suggest me?
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
I would advise you to have a CT scan of your abdomen with focus on genitourinary tract.
At times a TB infection may be extensive and can cause diffuse fibrosis of the ovaries making the ovulation impossible.
Also get an ultrasound around ovulation just to find if you are making follicles, and if so then if they are releasing ova.
If these things are fine then you have a good chance of getting pregnant by natural intercourse and more so with assisted techniques.
I hope you would be expecting soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor