Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffer weight loss and fatigue. Cannot sense the feeling of bladder fullness. Feeling weak. Help?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9627 Questions
Age 66, male, suffer from XXXXXXX amount of weight loss,Appetite,self care ability, no hope in himself half year ago and have recently develop problem in urine. He started to urine slowly half year ago and now cannot urine on his own at all. He also cannot feel or sense that the bladder is full and need to urine. His right feet start to feel lump and shaking recently and has no strength to stand or walk without help. Have checked every part of the body and is all normal and cannot explain his sympthoms at all. Pls help. Tks
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may be due to Enlarged Prostate.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted, I think the patient whom you have referred about may be having a Chronic Retention of Urine due to enlarged prostate with general debility.

However he needs to get examined by a qualified Urologist and to confirm the diagnosis by doing following basic tests.

1)Routine Urine test and urine culture
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to confirm enlarged prostate.
3) Blood sugar levels to rule out Diabetes.
4) Serum PSA and Renal function tests.

Please get these tests done under the urologist's guidance.
Further treatment will depend upon results of these tests.

Hope I have I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to answer the same .
thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffer weight loss and fatigue. Cannot sense the feeling of bladder fullness. Feeling weak. Help? 37 minutes later
hi doc,
He has already been checked for the enlarged prostate and its not very large that will block the urine. his blood sugar levels are normal. For point 4, can you explain further?
The patient is already being examine by a urology specialist but so far he only knows answering my questions 'I don't know, nothing can be explain....'

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
These are blood tests.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
Serum PSA and Renal function test are blood tests.
Serum PSA is a basic screening test for cancer of the prostate.and renal function tests are test to detect status of kidney function..

If there is nothing abnormal from the point of view of Urological problem please consult Neurologist to detect if symptoms are due to any Neurological disorder.
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor