Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suffer shaking hands and arms. No diabetics. What can be done in this situation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1976
Answered : 1872 Questions
yes, ... I have an 8 yr old granddaughter who, for the past several years, has me worried with her shaking hands and arms... this happens whenever she does anything... she has been checked for diabetes and thankfully is not diabetic, however this condition has me very concerned... I really thought she would have grown out of this... what can I do to help in this situation? what could cause this to happen?
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 36 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

With the description provided by you I can think of two conditions:
1. Tic.
2. Convulsions.
It is very unlikely to be convulsions. However, clinical examination and EEG can help us in excluding it.

With the history of divorce I am more inclined to think in terms of tic. You mentioned that this happened before the divorce but the child understands the family problems and must be seeing the developments in the family. It is better if you consult a child psychologist who may help you in this matter.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing your granddaughter all the best.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor