Suffer menstrual cramps and heavy flow. Took meftal forte. Having sever and abdominal and lower back pain. Remedy?
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your query; the following points needs clarification:
1. At your age, low hemoglobin level and under active thyroid are major concerns, make sure these investigations are carried out.
2. Any habit of undue anger/grief or taking spicy food.
3. Excess flatus and gas means problem with digestion, so is your digestive system normal.
4. Were you evaluated by your gynecologist for any uterus/cervix pathology.
Hope this helps. Write back for further discussion.
MD. (Ayu.) Kayachikitsa
Consultant & Physician
1. As you have already been seen by 2 gynecologist, thus any structural pathology is ruled out.
2. Avoid: mustard oil, caffeine, alcohol, spices (ginger,garlic,onion,sour and citrus food / fruits, pickles, curd, asafetida, day sleeping and night waking, black gram, excess anger, tension, buffalo's milk, heavy and constipating food - junk food).
3. Take pumpkin, black grapes, pears, milk, green gram, spinach, coriander, mint, white gourd melon, carrot, banana, pomegranate.
4. Because low hemoglobin is an associated factor; thus take diet consisting of milk, ghee, boiled eggs, cod liver oil, honey, butter milk, amalaki can be useful.
5. Mix sugar / jaggery in Revand chini 8gms and take twice daily (OR) boil leaves of Dhatura in water and give hot water fomentation on pelvis area to reduce pain associated with your menstrual tension.
6. Useful home remedy: take crushed black sesame seeds (according to your palm) and pour it in hot water tub and immerse yourself into the tub (make sure your that pelvic area remains under water) for 15 minutes, helps in relieving menstrual pain.
7. Heat leaves of neem (5-7) and tied below navel region helps in relieving menstrual cramps.
8. Ajmodai churan, Kaumaryassav, Dashmoolarishta, XXXXXXX pravartini vati (Orally) and use of “Hingvadi tail” as tampon in vagina. These ayurveda medication can be helpful. You can consult with an Ayurveda Gynecologist regarding the same.
9. Regarding your advice on meftal forte : it is an analgesic, antipyretic and anti inflammatory drug and helps in relieving pain associated with menstrual cramps and pain.
10. For your gas and flatulence trouble; avoid swallowing of air (e.g. sipping tea,chewing gum, aerated drinks), eat slowly, avoid haste, chew properly and avoid over eating, close the mouth while belching, avoid oily food, peas,beans, onions.
Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.
Dr. Munish Sood
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Remedies for painful menstrual cramps
- Tailbone pain and menstrual cramp
- Menstrual cramps and chest pains
- Menstrual cramps with rectal pain
- Very painful menstrual cramps
- Microgynon and painful menstrual cramps
- Unusually painful menstrual cramps
- Menstrual cramps lower back pain
- Concerta heavy menstrual cramps
- Menstrual cramps but no flow