Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Suffer from severe head ache. Which specialist should I see?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1540 Questions
My wife often suffers from severe head aches. I wanted to know which specialist should we see for this? Head ache specialist or Neurologist? (are all head ache specialist nuroligist?)
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX medicine specialist

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Headache can be due to many causes. If you can describe your wife's symptoms in detail I will be better able to help you.

There is no specialty called as headache specialists. The people are usually managed according to the cause of their symptoms. If the origin of headaches is from brain than a neurologist will come in picture. If the source of headache is sinus infection than an ear, nose and throat specialist will be helpful. There can be some other cause as well and accordingly the treatment will be given.

I think the first doctor to visit can be an XXXXXXX medicine specialist in a reputed multi-specialty hospital. He will take a detail history and conduct an examination. He will be able to figure out probable cause and refer your wife accordingly to a specialist.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor