Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suffer from severe cold and blocked nose. Sneezing and coughing. Having temperature. Suggest medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Hi, I have 5 months baby girl XXXXXXX suffering from severe cold. She has blocked nose, not able to breathe properly, sneezing & couphing. Also water is coming out from eyes. The body temparature also seem to be little more. Could you please suggest some medication?

Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later

Thanks for writing your concerns here.

I think XXXXXXX is suffering from upper respiratory tract infection. At this point of time, the most appropriate action is to consult your pediatrician and to assess the severity and type of infection. This is important because bacterial infection will need antibiotic therapy.

In the meanwhile, keep her warm and hydrated. You can install nasoclear saline nasal drops into each nostril to clear blocked nose and help her breathe. Watch her body temperature using rectal thermometer. If the temperature is above paracetamol drugs like calpol drops can be used in the dose of 15mg/kg body weight.

Hope XXXXXXX recovers fast. I will be glad to assist you further.

Best Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor