Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Suffer from back ache. Diagnosed with degenerative spine. Pain radiating to hips. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
I suffer from back ache.Was diagnosed with degenerative spine,now the pain has spread to hips as well.
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I suggest you to get a MRI of the hips done as soon as possible. It would get very serious if the joints get more inflamed or fused.

An MRI scan would help to identify the exact nature of the inflammation and help in formulating a treatment to get halt the process and get rid of the pain.

Meanwhile do restrict the movement in the affected joints. Do wear an Lumbosacral belt which helps to immobilize the joints and help in healing.

Hope, I answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor