Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suffer abnormal periods. Done with blood and urine test. Having heavy bleeding. Blood pressure 110/64. What can I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
my period became abnormal after skipping april 2013 and starting spotting right before mother's day. then started heavy bleeding around may 14th. period didn't stop until XXXXXXX 13th. I went my pcp on XXXXXXX 12th. He took a culture and 2 vial of blood and urine sample. he said he'd run all kind of test. it been almost 2week, haven't heard anything. I go back on tuesday. Oh since then, I've started back on my period heavy bleeding from day 1. Since Thursday XXXXXXX 20th. I feel so exausted. I checked my blood pressure and it is 110/64 morning & 110/66 evening. wht can i do, i gotta go to work in the morning.
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
The irregular and heavy bleeding that you are having can be due to uterine fibroids, polyps or hormonal disturbances commonly seen in perimenopausal age group. For diagnosis, you need to have an ultrasound scan of your lower abdomen.
To decrease the bleeding you need to have progesteone pills along with hemostatic agents like ethamsylate or tranexaemic acid after consulting with your gynaecologist. If you are using more than three pads per day then an immediate treatment is needed to control the bleeding.
Meanwhile start taking iron supplements to combat excessive blood loss from your body.
Checking serum FSH levels will give you an idea regarding time to menopause.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor