Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Suffer RAD. Taking therapy. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
My grandson is an adult who I believe ha RAD .He has much therapy but this was not discovered. Where can we find help for an adult with this condition
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 16 minutes later

Thanks for for posting your query.

Reactive attention disorder (RAD) also popularly known as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a disorder which starts in childhood and half of them progress to adulthood as well.

The treatment is the same however the dosages differ. Methyphenidate, bupropion, attentrol are certain drugs which are effective. Also comorbid depression has to be identified and treated.

The best person to treat this illness is an adult psychiatrist. May be you can contact one of the adult psychiatrist in your area. This treatment needs lot of time and patience.

Hope I am able to help you. Let me know if you need further guidance.

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor