Suddenly started pain in throat and jaw. How to get relief?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello..thank you for taking the time to answer my question....both myself and my boyfriend woke up this morning with excrutiating pain in the back of our throats...we do not see anything back there when we look other then a darker colour red tben normal. Also our jaws hurt as if we have been chewing gum for a day. At this pkint neither of us are able to eat a.ything due to the intense pain and its also a nightmare tryi.g to dri.k water. I have had stdep throat many times a.d this is not the same thing..this is the most pain i have ever been in please help.

Please note that we are both on diets and had rum and diet cokes last night which we havent had for the last two years im not sure if this has anything to do with it or not but thought i should add that in. In addition i am 28 and my boyfriend is 29 ...thanks again :)
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

I think you need to visit your doctor.

As per the information that you have shared, there are chances of some local reaction to the food or drink that you had last night.

As both of you are having, both have consumed same, the chances of food reaction is high.

As you are having much trouble, not allowing you to drink comfortably, medical attention is must.

Please visit your doctor and get your self examined for this.

You doctor after examination will give some medicines to help you get rid of this problem.

In mean time:

Drink only liquids, plain ones like soup, water etc are better.
Avoid any spicy food or soft drinks.
Take analgesic like Tylenol that you have for pain relief.

Please visit a doctor soon.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you speedy recovery and great health.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow up: Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 12 minutes later
Thank you very much. We will be going to see our doctor tomorrow morning :)

Hope
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 14 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Great,please go ahead and in mean time please try as suggested.

Please accept the answer and close the query.

Dr.Pragnesh