Suddenly started coughing and wheezing. Giving benadryl and albuterol nebulizer. What do you think?
Thanks for posting your query.
Coughing may be dry in nature or due to bronco-constriction.
Dry cough means acquiring common cold infection or due stimulation of peripheral/ central cough receptors.
Presence of wheeze with history of allergy indicates bronco-constriction and she has to take bronco-dilators for relief of symptoms.
Taking benadryl is beneficial in dry cough and in asthmatic cases, but albuterol/ salbutamol/ deriphylline and anti-allergics are required.
If she is getting allergic asthma at age of 8 years then there is high chances of recovery and she may recover and may not get any asthmatic attack during adult age.
You should also give deworming treatment such as albendazole to your daughter.
Worm infestation are very common in children and may precipitate wheeze.
You should also consult with pediatric physician and should get treatment on written prescription.
Put your views also.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the remedy for frequent cold cough and wheezing
- Infant having cold wheezing coughing what to do
- Continous wheezing on infants even after nebulization
- What is wheezing
- Cough with wheezing struggling to breathe what to do
- Wheezing and cough
- Wheezing shortness of breath coughing on benadryl sufficient
- Wheezing asthma budecot nebulization effects
- Will benadryl help wheezing
- What causes productive cough with wheezing
- Itching on side of tailbone
- Have PCOD. On ginette 35. Gaining weight and feeling breathless. What...
- Swollen tongue on right side. What could be the reason?
- Have acute asthma, taking Omnacortil but have side effects. Want to stop...
- Suffering from chronic pancreatitis. Gall blader and spleen has been...
- Had unprotected sex, no periods. Should I take Mitegest?
- Diagnosed with gerd and hiatus hernia. Have acid reflux. Should I get...
- Done CBC test, have acid reflux, coughing up blood. Had UTI treated with...
- What cancer could cause a low WBC count? Done blood test
- Suffering from stomach pain, loose motion and feeling weak. Is it safe...