Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suddenly noticed swollen testicle without pain.Feeling heaviness and pain while ejaculation. What to do?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
hi i m 24 years male . about four minths ago suddenly my right testicle get swollen without pain. and then i took complete bed rest for fifteen days. slowly the swelling disappear. then i took a month long treatment from doctor who give me antibaiotics and doxycyleneand other medecines also . now i m feeling heaviness in my right testicl and the upper part of it get mild swelling and lower part the nerves get too hard . and sometime i feel pain in it.and whenever i ejculate i feel pain in my testicles and lower stomac.
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 37 minutes later
Hi there.
I note with interest you say your problem with swelling of the right tescticle was painless. Was it the testicle or the scrotal sac (bag containing the testes)?
It seems that you developed a hydrocoele probably secondary to an infection or inflammation of the epididymitis (cord connected to testes & the seminal glands et al). What you need is a surgical consultation near you. Please use the XXXXXXX site to find a surgeon nearest you. You will require a scrotal ultrasound scan & /or a doppler study in addition. You say you feel pain while ejaculating. Have you had any unprotected sex in the recent few months that was not with a regular partner/wife; did such a person have any infection that you know of?
Do fix that surgeon's appointment & the questions regds sex, if affirmative, will require some blood tests to be done to rule out any STD's. If not, probably a tiny surgery is the need of the hour.
Whatever path, it will be decided once you do the necessary tests.
Wish you Good Luck & a quick recovery.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist & Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor