Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

137 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suddenly getting chest pain and breathing problem. Cause and cure?

Answered by
Dr. Kulbir Singh

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2010

Answered : 726 Questions

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hi

Suddenly i m getting pain in left portion of my chest and getting problem in breathing too.
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 23 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
Chest pain associated with shortness of breath always gives us a view to think about the heart problem. Though Coronary artery disease is not common at your age but in present time we are getting this disease at your age also. So it is better to get checked for that.
At any age, following is the list of risk factors for future development of Coronary Artery Disease.
1. Diabetes
2. Hypertension
3. Smoking
4. Stress
5. Obesity
6. High Bad Cholesterol and Lipid Component
7. Low Good Cholesterol and Lipid Component

8. Family History of Coronary Heart Disease
9. Increasing age
10. Male Sex

You can calculate the risk factor and place yourself at what risk you have. If you have no other symptoms like cough, whistling sound in chest, fever or history of ant trauma than, in my opinion consult your cardiologist and get your EKG, stress test done. If these are fine than need not to worry and you can manage your pain with analgesic drugs and applying local gel at the site. You can also do hot fermentation to reduce pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Write back for any doubt.

Best Wishes

Dr. Kulbir Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Coronary heart disease

doctor1 MD

I have been taking Instaflex for three days and since that time have had black stools. Is this common or something to be concerned about? I am 79 years old, weigh 152 pounds, height 5'3". I have coronary heart disease, high cholesterol (under controls with meds) and diverticulosis. I have had a TIA.

doctor1 MD

Does weed effect birth control pills? (weed brownies)

doctor1 MD

Are there any effective rescue inhalers for asthma patients other than albuterol , but which don t contain steroids or dairy/lactose? (Any physician but Dr. XXXXXXX Rynne please.)

doctor1 MD

My doctor said my cholesterol is fine, but it is 226. My HDL is 93 and she said that is all I need to worry about, is that true?

doctor1 MD

My husband was diagnosed today with an abnormal ekg and something else that I can't recall--he texted me his diagnosis. He with have to go in shortly for arthrascopy (sp?) and possible stents. His paternal uncle and father were both dead of heart disease by their late 60's. He is 64. We have been having a number of "falling outs" lately; we've been married for 39 years. I feel that his personality is changing. I've heard that this can happen with coronary heart disease. Is this true?

doctor1 MD

I am 63 with history of coronary heart disease and diabetes, for some time I have been suffering frequent days of nausea, sometimes physically sick and light headednes. My doctor put me on a course of tablets to supress acid, which helped but I am still suffering albeit less often.

doctor1 MD

I have coronary heart disease .. had angina attack last night .. during sleep .. followed by tremendous pain in right temple .. pins and needles in my face .. lasted about 10 mins .. ambulance called blood pressure was 131 over 152 .. decreasing along with the pain on crew leaving .. suggest it needs checking out .. refused ambulance but going to see GP tonight .. thanks