Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Sudden whitening of the hair. Suggest some remedy to get back natural hair color

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Hi Sir,

Good evening,
I am 25 yrs old My Problem is like from past two and half years my hair's are becoming white.
Could you suggest me the best action to be taken for getting back of hair to natuaral colour.

Suggest me if i can use any hair colour like garnier hair color.

Thanks and regards,


Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 33 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
You seem to be having premature greying of hair or premature canities.
It could be hereditary, due to nutritional deficiency, stress, smoking, thyroid disorder, vitiligo etc.
There is no specific cure for the concern. However few suggestions might help

1)Take a good nutritious diet XXXXXXX in protein, vitamins, iron, copper etc
2)Take hair supplements XXXXXXX in calcium pantothenate, biotin, zinc and minerals etc( follihair new, c pant plus or keraglow)
3) avoid stress, avoid smoking
4) massage scalp to improve scalp blood circulation
5) use mild shampoo to wash hair
6) Ayurveda specialists suggest taking curry leaves and indian gooseberry helps in preventing the same. Similarly applying coconut and indian gooseberry oil helps.

All these might help in slowing the progression of graying of hair.

Now to address your query specifically, you may use XXXXXXX or chemical hair colors to color your hair. That is completely a personal choice. XXXXXXX is practically safe not harming hair but the reddish tint that it imparts might not be acceptable to many.
As far as chemical colors are concerned, go with ammonia free hair colors as these do not harm hair in long run( Loreal innoa, creme gloss are some good choice)

Hope that answers your query. Should there be any other doubt, I would be happy to assist you.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor