Owl Image

Sudden redness in eye with mild pain. What is the cause and cure?

Owl Image
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Question
My left eye from the corner toward the iris suddenly red like some blood vessels ruptured
Also I have a bit of pain if I'm pressing on the outside corner
Thanks
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 51 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for sending your Query to us.
Such sudden redness without too much of pain indicates a rupture of small blood vessel leading to haemorrhage.
This blood resolves on its own and does not requie any treatment.
All you have to check that you are not taking any form of aspirin XXXXXXX increases the tendency of such bleeding.
In the begining some cold compress prevents prevents excessive bleed.
This takes about 10 to 15 days for the blood to gradually resolve.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.