Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took tylenol. Any relief?
The sudden pop like sound that you experienced could have caused a spinal disc herniation or even a prolapsed disc. These occur due to lifting heavy objects, direct injury, or even has some unknown causes.
The presence of referred pain (and also the hot flash like sensation you experienced from your back to head) could mean that either the herniated portion or the prolapsed disc itself is causing some amount of nerve compression. Whenever this nerve compression takes place, you will experience the pain.
Kindly visit your doctor at the earliest for a physical examination and even an MRI of your spine to confirm/rule out herniation or a prolapse of the disc.
Listing most common causes of blood in eye:
-People on blood thinning medications like aspirin or warfarin
-Sudden increase in blood pressure (due to lifting weights, coughing, sneezing, constipation, etc.)
-Vitamin K deficiency or a clotting disorder (rarely seen)
You haven't mentioned any blood thinners in your histroy, but if you are on blood thinners, please discuss the appearance of blood in your eye with your treating doctor.
-Make sure not to rub your eyes
-A lubricant to apply on your eyes could avoid further aggravation
It usually takes 5-10 days for the blood to start disappearing, this doesn't mean that you wait it out and not consult your doctor.
These two conditions are less likely to be associated, but this can only be ruled out by the doctors attending to you.
I hope I have helped in advising you through this, please seek the required medical attention and you should be fine soon. Do write back to me for any further clarifications. I would be glad to help.
Dr. Shoaib Khan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hot flashes and abdominal pain
- Sudden hot flashes and dizziness
- Hot flash relief that works
- Hot flash pain pacemaker
- Chest pain hot flash
- Hot flashes lower back pain bruising upper chest discomfort coughing
- Lower stomach pain back pain dizziness hot flashes pregnant
- Burping heartburn back pain tired hot flashes
- Sudden stop of hot flashes
- Hot flashes suddenly stop
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...