Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Subconjuntival hemorrhage. Is it due to the high blood pressure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
I went to have my bp checked today at a health fair and it was 173 over 97 with a pulse of 76. I got another (had 4 so far this year) subconjuntival eye hemmorage and was checking to see if the bp was the issue. My bp use to always be 110/70 and during this last year would go as high as 133/88.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 43 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Yes high blood pressure can lead to subconjuntival hemorrhage, this is due to increased capillary pressure.
High Blood pressure also called hypertension is an easy controllable morbid illness, please visit your physician soon to for a quick examination and a prescription.
Since you are a newly diagnosed hypertensive , you will also need to undergo the following tests to see of any other organs are involved
1. Kidney function test
2. Urine for micro albumin
3. Fasting lipid profile
4. Fasting blood sugar
5. ECG and echo cardiography

Some of the tips to help you keep the blood pressure under check are

1. Salt restricted diet
2. Regular cardio exercises like jogging , cycling, swimming. Atleast 30 minutes a day, 5 times per week
3. Lose weight if you are over weight
4. Stop smoking and restrict alcohol

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor