Strong pain in abdomen. Eyes got yellow, bilirubin and liver enzymes high. No hepatitis. Problem?
Approximately 20 days ago I had strong pain in my abdomen, little above belly button. Also, I vomited once and since pain was too severe I went to emergency. They suspected I have appendicitis but after testing my lower right part of abdomen for pain they decided it is not appendicitis. I was in hospital 2 days, also I had fever (38 C) and chilling (body shaking) for 2 days. Also, my eyes got little yellow color (jaundice) and my bilirubin and liver enzymes were little high. In hospital they gave me only 2 times antibiotic (decided to stop it immediately) and I did not eat anything for 2 days, so I was feeling much better. They let me go home, and I was feeling good, no pain in my stomach and almost no any yellowish color in my eyes. After approximately 2 weeks from hospital I got mild pain in appendix, liver region. Very light pain. But 2 days later again started severe pain in stomach now located in center and sometimes on both sides left and right from center. One day I even had pain in right kidney area, but not severe. Last 2 days I have no appetite but I can eat. Also I have currently nausea (strong).
I would like to mention that in past I had same pain in my abdomen, but it was not so strong, and it lasts for 1 or 2 days, and then again after few months even year or more.
I attached my medical tests, also I don't drink any medications. There is no hepatitis A, B, C. Also, I don't smoke, and I never drunk alcohol in my life. What could be the problem?
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
I would like to have some more information before can give my opinion.
1. What was the ultrasound scan report?
2. Was hepatitis E tested?
3. Were you on any medications?
Kindly get back to me with the answers.
Thanks for fast reply. Here are my answers:
1. Ultrasound reports were clean, nothing suspicious, liver size was normal, and everything else was normal.
2. One doctor said maybe we should test for Hepatitis E, but it was not possible in that hospital only in specific hospitals, so I never went there.
3. No, I did not take any medications at all.
Did you look in my latest blood tests (pdf)? Whats weird is that there is no infection according to those tests, but I still have pain in stomach and nausea. What could be the cause?
There are many causes of nausea and vomiting.
Your test report shows high liver enzymes which is indicative of hepatitis.
The stomach pain and nausea could be due to hepatitis or could be even due to gastritis ( which can be confirmed with an endoscopy).
I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Liver enzymes high in pregnancy
- Why are my liver enzymes high
- Liver enzymes high and iron
- Left side pain liver enzymes high
- Liver enzymes high protein in urine
- Liver enzymes high 54
- Hemoglobin and liver enzymes high
- Elevated liver enzymes high prolactin
- Spleen and liver enzymes high
- Is 52 liver enzyme high
- Elevated SGPT, SGOT and triglycerides. Taken Heptral and Udiliv. Please...
- Tiredness, loss of concentration, blood test shows low hemoglobin...
- Bloated upper abdomen, burping, history of chronic pancreatitis. Have...
- Blood test shows typhi and paratyphi positive. What does it mean?
- Abdominal pain, itching. Clean blood test. History of breast cancer. Are...
- Abdominal pain, done blood test and ultrasound. Kindly interpret results
- Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry...
- Constant nausea, negative pregnancy test, have Mirena IUD. Ovarian cyst?
- Poked eye with umbrella spoke. Eye gets sore and red. What do you...
- Diagnosed with chlamydia. Is it contagious through oral sex?