Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Stroke, diagnosed with CVA, right sided weakness. Specialist for treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12679 Questions
Hi, my mom has recently been diagnosed of cva with right side weakness. Cld u recommend some specialists in dxb i cld refer. I have a report provided by the hospital.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
After CVA if she is having only a right sided weakness of her body it suggests that the affection of neurons is mild and she will improve gradually over 4-6 weeks.
Physical therapists and occupational therapists can help her in regaining the full muscle strength early.
Regarding the reports, you have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.
Taking the opinion of a specialist neurologist- an MD, DM will be best for her.
Regarding the best neurologist in Dubai, I am sorry I am not aware of as I am in India.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor