Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Stretch marks on abdomen post pregnancy. blisters in stretch marks. spreading all over abdomen. Requires medical attention ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 540 Questions
I have stretch marks on my lower abdomen from when I was pregnant. I have notced within the last two weeks that I appear to be getting what looks like blisters inside the stretch XXXXXXX It started with one on my left side, then two on the right, a very large one on my lower abdomen and what looks like a new one starting on my upper abdomen. Is this normal? Should I go see a doctor?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 28 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand that you are concerned about the blistering on your stretch marks of pregnancy.

Yes, I would advise you to consult a dermatologist for an opinion - as the blistering is in the area of the skin that has been weakened by the stretch marks and this is not normal. This weakening might pose the risk of bacterial infections like staphylococcus.
Nothing to panic, but you should be careful about getting the right management plan for the same.

This should subside within a couple of days with the treatment.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor