Owl Image

Strained chest muscle, getting pain in back and chest area. Worrisome

Excellent

Critical Care Specialist
Question
This morning I was opening my pill bottle which is becoming more difficult. I am planning on letting the pharmacy know so they will use easy open bottles from now on, but I strained my chest and back muscles opening one of the bottles. It cause some sudden pain in front and back in the chest area. I am just sitting now and it doesn't seem to be bad now. Have I done something that is common and will I feel any worse effects from it as the day goes on?
Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 43 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX.
Yes,what you have done is common and does happen sometimes. You have strained some muscle of chest wall.The maximum discomfort such strains give is at the time when they occur and they do get settled with due course of time as has happened in your case. It should get settled with time and should definitely not worsen. Please give it some rest and avoid all activities which aggravate your discomfort.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have any more questions

Dr Sadiq.