Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Stopped taking norcos for chronic back pain. Suggest alternative medication

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I am a 54 y.o. female with chronic back pain issues. I have just moved to a new area and am out of my pain medication,Norcos. Can I get help from here?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Many alternatives as you wait to see a new dr Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I do think other pain medications do exist as you wait to see a new doctor to start your follow up. Drugs like Tramadol can be used in case the pain is too severe. If pain is moderate, drug combinations containing simple analgesics like Acetaminophen and opiods like codeine can be used. Tramadol (sever pain), Acetaminophen, Paracetamol - codeine combinations , non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs like Colcibra 200mg, (moderate pain) are sold over the counter. You might simply seek advise from your pharmacist, as you arrange to start follow up with a new doctor. Please, do not hesitate signaling to your doctor any unusual events might experience while you take the new drug. IN case pain persists or aggravates, or you do experience no relief, you should not hesitate informing your doctor. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you good health. Please, do feel free asking follow up questions in case you have any specific concerns. Thanks and kind regards. DR Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor