Stopped taking crestor. Getting fluttering sensation below breastbone. Worrisome

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: just was taken off of crestor and XXXXXXX 5 days ago because of flutter sensation below breast bone, could in be from a change in body chemistry?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The time in which the blood level of a substance is reduced to half the peak level is called its half-life. Any substance is nearly eliminated in about five half lives – 50% > 25% > 12.5% > 6.25% > 3.125%
Crestor (Rosuvastatin) has a half life of 19 hours / Antaris (fenofibrate) 23 hours –
So by 5-th day, both must have been reduced to insignificant levels.
Your symptoms are unlikely from it.

If you could do push ups so well, the muscles are alright.
It is unlikely to have altered chemistry

The sensations are probably unrelated muscle twitching, which could be normal and may disappear with time.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck