Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Stopped taking crestor. Getting fluttering sensation below breastbone. Worrisome

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
just was taken off of crestor and XXXXXXX 5 days ago because of flutter sensation below breast bone, could in be from a change in body chemistry?
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The time in which the blood level of a substance is reduced to half the peak level is called its half-life. Any substance is nearly eliminated in about five half lives – 50% > 25% > 12.5% > 6.25% > 3.125%
Crestor (Rosuvastatin) has a half life of 19 hours / Antaris (fenofibrate) 23 hours –
So by 5-th day, both must have been reduced to insignificant levels.
Your symptoms are unlikely from it.

If you could do push ups so well, the muscles are alright.
It is unlikely to have altered chemistry

The sensations are probably unrelated muscle twitching, which could be normal and may disappear with time.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor