Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Stopped smoking. Have erection problem. Test showed low functioning heart. Meaning?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
i go t eco test done today and doctor says heart is working between 50 to 65 % i am 45 years old what does it mean and i have been smoking since last 25 years and also have erection problem most of the times during sex and also use at times viagra and now i have left smoking since last 1 month and also exercise regularly cardio 30 min cross trainer 30 min and 60 min light weight and streching
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

With each beat, the heart pumps out blood. The chamber is not completely emptied – only a portion, is ejected – this is called Ejection Fraction (EF). A value less than 50 % is considered abnormal. You are normal...

EF tests only the overall muscle function.
To test the arteries, you may need TMT (Treadmill Exercise ECG)... Probably, it will be normal – for you are now exercising regularly...

Did you check your Lipids?

Erectile Dysfunction could be due to several factors – the best option will be to see an XXXXXXX (Urologist)...examination, appropriate investigations and management.

It is great that you stopped smoking. Bravo! Keep it up.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Stopped smoking. Have erection problem. Test showed low functioning heart. Meaning? 21 minutes later
what is lipids ? and do you advice any other tests tht i shld get it done and can you suggest good doctor in delhi for erectile dysfunction pls advice
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 25 minutes later
Lipids - measure Total Cholesterol / HDL (good cholesterol) / LDL (bad cholesterol) / Triglyceride....

Get stress test (exercise ECG) done.

Regarding Delhi doctors, Health Care Magic can guide you - search in their list; they have a long list. You can write or call them...
Google search can help...
A doctor with a degree of MCh Urology / DM - Endocrinology / or equivalent degrees / and so on will be best suited to help...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor