Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Stones found in gall bladder. What treatment is required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
I did my health check-up recently and in my gall bladder few stones of 4mm have been reflected. How should i get this treated?
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 27 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

Asymptomatic gall stones can be treated conservatively

Yet the chances of stones of this size getting in to common bile duct and causing obstructive jaundice are always there

So if practically possible you may go for a laparoscopic cholecystectomy

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Stones found in gall bladder. What treatment is required? 59 minutes later
Thanks a lot doctor for replying to my query. But would also like to check if this condition can be treated with Homeopathy as i don't want to undergo an operation. Someone has suggested that with homeopathy this condition can be treated.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back again

Homeopathy is out of our scope

I would suggest you consult an expert homeopath for the same

Hope I have cleared your doubts
Wishing you a speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor