Stomach spasm and heart burn. What are the chances of getting heart attack?
Unlikely to be Heart related problem.
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
Generally, it is very unusual and unlikely to have a cardiac related problem at your age (unless you have a strong family history of heart diseases).
Most often it could be Gastritis with Acid reflux producing typical retrosternal pain & discomfort mimicking Heart attack. This can be effectively treated symptomatically by intake of antacid gels and Proton pump inhibitor drugs like Rabeprazole, pantoprazole, Ilaprazole etc. An endoscopy is needed to rule out the presence of any Gastric or duodenal ulcers that are producing the symtoms.
I suggest you to consult a Gastroenterologist for a proper evaluation and further management.
The typical features of chest pain of cardiac origin -
*Pain is diffuse in nature and is felt over the entire chest wall
* It may radiate to jaw, shoulder, neck and arm
* It is tight , sqeezing or choking in nature
* It is made worse by exertion or emotion
* relieved by rest
If you are still concerned, approach a cardiologist to get an ECG, Treadmill test and Echo to rule out any heart issues.
Hope I have addressed your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heart attack in stomach
- Chance of heart attack
- Is heart burn related with heart attack
- Stomach ache and heart attack
- How to get a heart attack
- What are my chances to get heart attack again
- Chances of heart attack at 28
- Stomach cramps and heart attack
- Chances of getting a heart attack by heart burns
- Vasomotor spasm heart attack