Stomach is swollen from the right side with constipation. Reason and cure?

Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I feel that my stomach is swollen from the right side with no pain. Im usually constipated. My diet is absolutely normal. I dont feel any tiredness or anything like that. Im worried.
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 56 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

It is important to see whether you have a sensation of swelling in right side of the abdomen or there is actually any swelling/lump there. If you are able to feel any lump or asymmetry in the right and left side of abdomen then you should immediately consult the doctor.

Otherwise, you could get an ultrasonography of abdomen to rule out any lump.

However since you have no other symptoms it is likely to be normal.

Treat your constipation and see if you feel better,
1) Increase your water intake
2) Increase fiber in diet (fruits/salads)
3) Exercise regularly
4) Can take isapgula 2 tsp at night with a glass of water

Hope this answers your query.
Please do reply in case of any further questions.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E