Stomach heaviness and vomiting after intercourse. HPT negative. Chances of pregnancy?

Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: Hi Doc I'm XXXXXXX I'm 26 yrs my concern is whether I'm pregnant or not 1st day of my last period was on 24oct 2012 I made love with my husband on 2,3,4 nov 2012, I feel as my stomach is heavy, smell irritates me this morning I vomited I'm confused because I took a home test yesterday it resulted negative please help me
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 1 hour later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

Yes you could be pregnant if you had unprotected intercourse (not using any contraception) on the days mentioned.

It could be a bit early for your test to come positive.

If you have missed your period it further adds to the possibility of pregnancy.

You should repeat your urine test for pregnancy after a week. If it remains negative then you can consult a gynecologist for evaluation and medication to induce periods.
Sometimes delay in periods occur due to stress, changes in lifestyle or weight.

I hope I have answered your query.

Follow up: Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 23 hours later
Last night I consult Doc and took a test results are positive but my husband is not ready to be a father at this time as we're not financially strong..
can u please suggest me how can i get periods...
Waiting for your reply...

Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 2 hours later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing back.

If your repeat urine test is positive, it means you are pregnant.

No medication will induce periods if you have pregnancy.

So DO NOT take any self medication. It will harm you more.

If you both have decided not to continue the pregnancy then you need to consult a gynecologist for an abortion. An ultrasound to know the SITE and SIZE of pregnancy is a must before you go for any abortion.

Any abortion can get complicated by excess bleeding, infection or incomplete abortion.
So if you have decided for abortion then you need to take it under supervision of a doctor.

PROPER dosasge, timing and method are must to ensure complete abortion.

Considering the above facts, I would say you two should reconsider your decision of termination. Pregnancy is a gift and life is given by god.
It is not a rule that you would get this gift again.
Risking your life and your baby's is not a wise decision.

I hope I have answered your query.

Follow up: Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 2 days later
Hi Doc,

How you doing?
Firstly wanna thank you for guiding me!!!
I have done PELVIC USG:(TAS+TVS)
IMPRESSION:
Anteverted normal size uterus with echogenic thickened thickened endometrium.

Please tell me what does it mean??
Waiting for your answer.....
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 46 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

I am doing great and hope the same for you.

You are most welcome for queries.

Your ultrasound report means as follows.

Anteverted refers to the direction of uterus which is normally forwards like in your case.

Your uterus is of normal size.

Echogenic thickened endometrium refers to the lining of uterus which appears thick, and dense (echogenic).

If with the above ultrasound findings, your urine test is positive for pregnancy then the thickened endometrium could be due to that.

If your urine test is negative and you have not got periods then the thickened endometrium is just because your uterine lining has not be shed out with periods this month. Menses cause shedding of uterine lining which then appears thin.

If this ultrasound finding is after you have taken an abortion, then it might indicate that your abortion was not complete and some of the products have been left behind.

You should mention the history to your sonologist so that he/she can better comment on your ultrasound finding and not just by writing thickened endometrium.