Stomach feels bloated. Feeling uncomfortable. Feel breathless. Suffer IBS. How can I treat pain after bowel movement?
Thank you for the query.
The pain after bowel movement if located in the rectal area is most likely caused by anal fissure. Its a kind of wound of this area which gets irritated every time the stool appears in this area. This condition is a directly caused by constipation and hard stool. So avoiding constipation should treat (and usually does) this condition. The main question is what is the reason of your constipation and bloating.
It is very easy to tell to the patient that he has IBS. You need to know that IBS is a group of symptoms caused by unknown factors. To diagnose this syndrome it is necessary to rule out all know gastrointestinal diseases. To do that it is necessary to perform: gastroscopy, colonoscopy, stool culture tests, abdominal CT with oral contrast, blood work, liver tests, amylase, lipase, urine amylase.
Another important point is that every person over the age of 50 should have colonoscopy every 10 years (or FOBT - fecal occult blood test every year). Its because the risk of colon cancer significantly increases over the age of 50.
Other possible reason of constipation and/or bloating are hypothyroid, medicines (Ca-blockers, antidepressants), bad diet (low fiber intake, low mineral water intake), chronic intestinal infections.
I suggest you to visit general surgeon or proctologist and have rectal examination first. Colonoscopy should be scheduled. You should also have blood work, thyroid tests, abdominal ultrasound.
In a meanwhile please increase fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake. Start probiotic supplementation and increase physical activity (it greatly stimulates bowels to work). Use stool softeners if necessary. To heal rectal pain, please have sitz baths with Quercus Cortex twice a day, wash your anus after every stool.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
1. probiotic supplementation and physical activity
2. stool softners
3. having sitz baths with quercus cortex
4. what is anus
by the way I have already had a lot of the blood tests done only over a week ago with liver test included. my kidney test came a bit low at 75 but I was told not to worry. I want to also ask you what do you mean by: abdominal CT with oral contrast, blood work, fecal occult blood test. I have I think had gastroscopy, colonscopy done and waiting for the XXXXXXX ultrasound test date shortly. urine test was clear, stool is also ok.
2. Stool softener is a group of medicines which help getting rid of constipation (also known as laxatives). Dulcolax is one of them.
3. Sitz bath is a kind of bath where you place your buttocks and rectum in the water for about 15 minutes (you simply sit in the water). Such water should be warm and contain Quercus Cortex (or Potassium permanganate is Quercus Cortex is not available)
4. Anus is a medical term of butt hole.
5,6, Amylase and Lipase are hormones secreted by pancreas. Both are used to monitor pancreas issues.
Abdominal CT with oral contrast is a kind of computer tomography test where digestive tract is contrasted by drinking a contrast. Additional contrast is given intravenous. This test gives an ability to visualize and diagnose small intestine and large intestine issues.
Blood work - also know as CBC (complete blood count). In case of low hemoglobin level, colon cancer and stomach cancer should be ruled out. In case of elevated WBC, infection is possible
FOBT (fecal occult blood test) is a kind of test where we can find hidden (occult) blood in the stool. This test helps in early stages cancer screening.
Hope this will help.
Please note that you can also find your symptoms in many other diseases. To realize it, please see this link: WWW.WWWW.WW
The point is that most of known diseases are rare and you need to focus on most probable first. That is why you should get suggested tests.
Hope this will help.
Anxiety starts in our brain. It is a result of past experiences hidden somewhere inside. And the brain can control every part of our body (nerve fibers are everywhere). It can give abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, chest pain, headache, shivers, fever, shortness of breath and many many more.
And you should also know that you have a right to feel well (every person have). Anxiety is a disease. We do know how to treat it. Nowadays we have great medicines called SSRI. They are used to treat anxiety and depression (anxiety can be a part of depression as well).
That is why my suggestion (after negative colonoscopy) is to visit psychiatrist and consider SSRI treatment. You should also try Magnesium 400 mg once a day supplementation.
Hope you will find it helpful. You have my support.
Magnesium 400 mg should be available in every pharmacy. If not, see the link below: WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope this will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How can ibs be treated
- How to treat ibs constipation
- Ibs movement in stomach pounding
- How does ibs pain feel
- Ibs stomach pain and burping
- How to treat ibs diarrhea
- Can constipation and painful bowel movement be related to ibs
- Ibs and painful bowel movements
- Ibs yellow bowel movements
- Stomach bloating after bright blood ib toilet
- Had epigastric hernia repair. Found hard lump at the site of repair....
- Noticed yellow stool after stomach virus. How long will this be? Recovery?
- Noticed black stools and having abdominal pain. Scheduled for endoscopy....
- Symptoms of prostate cancer, scheduled for PSA test. What else could it be?
- Swollen penile skin, watery discharge. Which medicine can be used?
- Had orthognathic surgery for mandibular prognathism. Got infection after...
- Have lump attached to testicle. Can this develop into cancer? What...
- Intermittent occurrence of blood in urine. CT scans normal. Best...
- What is done if surgery is necessary for peptic ulcer?
- Having irritation in throat. Feeling vomiting. What to do?