Stomach discomfort, headache and Itchy rashes on chest. Intolerance to cow's milk. Any treatment?

Dr. Praveen Rodrigues

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: I have a bad rash, very itchy on my upper chest and around collar bone. I have recently been diagnosed with a major intolerance to Cows milk. I thought I might have Candida but test results rule that out. I am itchy in the pubic area and anus.
I have a bit of stomach discomfort and feeling headachy and generally unwell
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi there.
The Symptoms you ascribe to appear to be largely a case of hypersensensitivity disorder & /or contact dermatitis. Might i recommend a topical steroid ointment eg hydrocortisone admixed with fusidic acid if possible applied locally twice/day for a period of 3-5 days together with an antihistamine eg fexofenadine180mg. I trust both these should be fairly simple to obtain over the counter with your friendly neighbouthood pharmacist & give you symptomatic relief. 2 weeks after it all quietens down, i suggest you visit your GP & get him to refer you to an allergy specialist to run some allergy tests or just avoid any cows milk & its products.
Cheers & wish you a speedy recovery & continued good heath!
Regds,
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD