Stomach bloating, cant burp. Used fleet enuma. Cant poop. Whats wrong with my stomach?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: started 2 yrs ago bloated cant burp or do #2 in full noticed it was like pebbles i am 39 and i used to go everyday
now its every 2 or 3 days i started using fleet enuma and that really helped but i think i scratched something in there because about a inch in it itches like crazy .been using supositories they help with the pooping but the itching is crazy i had a fester come up from straining i guess but it went away in about 2 weeks whats wrong with my stomach an not being able to poop an the itching has to stop soon please help other than this i am fit as a fiddle and never even get a cold
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Itching in the rectal opening can be caused by many reasons like-
1.Chemicals in the foods we eat, such as are found in spices, hot sauces, and peppers.
2.Irritation of continuous moisture in the anus
3.Yeast infection and irritation of the rectum.
4. Psoriasis.
5. pinworm infestation.
6. hemorrhoid or anal fissures
7. skin tags (abnormal local growth of anal skin).
Direct clinical examination is the only way to diagnose the problem.
There are many things you can do to help constipation. They include
1. Eating more fruits, vegetables and grains, which are high in fiber
Foods XXXXXXX in SOLUBLE Fiber: Oatmeal or oat bran; Brown rice; Orange, grapefruit, XXXXXXX plantain
Foods that can act as laxatives: Prunes, figs, Psyllium husk, shredded wheat, flaxseed (oil), Senna, Cascara sagrada, Aloe vera juice, Dandelion root, Molasses, Liquorice, etc.

2. Drinking plenty of water and other liquids
3. Getting enough exercise, abdominal exercises are best to improve gut motility.
4. Taking time to have a bowel movement when you need to. Visit the toilet for 15 minutes in the morning, even if you are unable to have a bowel movement. This relaxes and stimulates your digestive system.
5. Relaxation and stress management techniques.
6. Proper dietary habits, regular meals, not missing meals and breakfast,etc. Sit quietly for 15 minutes after eating a meal to aid in digestion.
7. Cessation of smoking and tobacco use, excess dependence on sodas, colas and caffiene.
Please visit your physician to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case so that proper treatment can be initiated.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.