Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Sticky urine, no burning urination, irritation in urethra. Cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
I recently cleaned around my toilet and found that the urine spilled on the floor is very sticky, I do not have burning during urination, but I do have a slight irritation in my urethra tube. What could be the cause? I am 49 yrs old, 6'2" and 277 lbs. with no medical problems
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 26 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Your symptoms likely seem to be due to due to UTI are frequent urination, burning sensation during urination, passing of blood in urine and even fever. Drink plenty of water and fluids and wear cotton undergarments.

Making a diagnosis of a urinary tract infection includes performing a urinalysis test, which checks for the presence of pus, white blood cells, and bacteria in the urine, which point to a urinary tract infection.

A urine culture and sensitivity is usually performed to find the exact microorganism that is causing the infection and to determine the most effective antibiotic to treat it.

A short course of antibiotics is all that is required for the management of UTI. You should also ensure to take plenty of fluids as eradication of infection by flushing out the bacteria with adequate fluid intake does help a lot.

In view of the urine being sticky, it makes sense to get a blood sugar done as diabetes mellitus needs to be ruled out. The urine analysis will also help in looking for the presence of glucose in urine.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Hope it helps you. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor