Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Stepped on a rusty barbed wire. Having terrible knee pain. Any correlation to the hole in foot?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
I stepped on a rusty barbed wire.
Healed up OK...but a week later I'm having terrible knee pain. SI there any correlation to the hole in my foot?
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 3 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

There is no connection between the knee pain and the previous injury on the foot and it is unlikely that any pathology could have spread from your foot to your knee. The knee pain is likely to be an independent problem. You are probably having an arthritis of the knee, which needs further evaluation to find out what the cause is.

I would suggest that it is better to get knee examined by a doctor and take appropriate treatment depending upon the problem detected.

(I hope that you have had a TT (tetanus shot) within the last 5 years, if not you need to have one, since you had stepped on a rusty barbed wire)

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor