Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Starts bleeding before periods and continues with normal periods. What is the problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 96 Questions
hi iam 37 year old. i have a problem now 7-8 years that i get little bleeding atleast 10days before my periods. it is continues and than have my normal periods too. i have get this checked from many doctors but of no use. hope you can help me with this.
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Juhi 36 minutes later

The problem that you are having is common at your age. The spotting that you have before your periods can be due to a number of causes. I appreciate that you are not ignoring this problem and trying to find the reasons. I would like to know the treatments done till now.

Was an Ultrasonogram done ? Can you share the report or the opinion of the doctor

Is there a procedure done called D&C? Was a biopsy taken and reported from Pathologist? Can you share them with me?

It would be better if you can upload the test reports from the right corner of this page?

Please let me know.

Hope for the best
Dr Juhi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Starts bleeding before periods and continues with normal periods. What is the problem? 29 minutes later
yes all the tests being done n all the reports were normal. i don't have copies with me. can you suggest me the cure for this as i am fed up of this now.
Answered by Dr. Juhi 9 minutes later

It would be really difficult for any doctor to say about the treatment options when the diagnosis is not clear. It is a rare that all the preliminary investigations are normal and still you have bleeding in between the periods for 7 years. Hence I appeal you to upload your reports when you have them. I will be waiting.

I would not like to mention a number of possibilities here as it may unnecessarily scare you. But be assured that almost all the gynecological disorders have an optimal treatment once there is a synergistic discussion between the doctor and the patient. It sometime be a hormonal therapy and at times symptomatic one.

I think the need for you right now is to consult a competent Gynecologist physically. If I am not wrong you are in Mumbai right now. It does not take much time to find a competent one in Mumbai.

Wish you good health.
Dr Juhi.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor