Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

196 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Started vomiting after drinking all out mosquito liquid. What are the risks?

Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Hema Yadav

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases

Practicing since :2005

Answered : 1528 Questions

default
Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Infections
Question: dear sir my name is XXXXXXX and i drunk all out mosquito liquide on last night but after it i omit the liquide with salt water. kindly suggest what will my next step.
doctor
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 47 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,
Thanks for posting your query.

All out mosquito repellents contain mostly Prallethrin .Prallethrin is a synthetic insecticide chemically related to pyrethroids.
Ingestion of pyrethroid causes nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dizziness, headache, fatigue, palpitation, tightness in chest and blurring of vision. Coma, convulsions and pulmonary oedema are uncommon but can occur in severe poisoning.
There is no specific antidote for pyrethroid toxicity, therefore management is only symptomatic and supportive.
Following ingestion of large amount of pyrethroids, gastro- intestinal decontamination may be done if patients report to hospital within a few hours .
I assume you have tried self decontamination by vomiting but it does not assure of complete elimination of the poison from your system .
So I would advise you consult the nearest emergency facility or multispeciality hospital in your area where the doctors can thoroughly assess you and investigate you for complications . They can start injections and medications which can eliminate the poison from your blood faster and prevent complications .
Please do not hesitate to seek medical help even If you have no symptoms at present . The symptoms may develop after few hours so it's best not to wait and go for immediate treatment .
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
doctor
premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Severe poisoning

doctor1 MD

Hi there, I went in my boyfriend's pool and hot tub last night. They use chlorine to treat it. Not thinking about it, I let my bathing suit dry in my room overnight as I slept. This morning, I woke up feeling nauseous, like I might throw up. I...

doctor1 MD

I drank all out mosquito yesterday.and after that I vomit it within half an hour by drinking lot of water. Should I consult with doctor and what remedies I can take yo get alright

doctor1 MD

Is it terminal/fatal if someone took 14 (10mg each) of Mylan-Cyclobenzaprine? Does this person need to seek immediate medical attention - pills were taken 15 hours ago.

doctor1 MD

my friend is on an oral hydrogen peroxcide treatment due to a cancerous bladder. he had the cancer lump removed from his bladder and two weeks later he was told to begin this treatment. he noticed (after 2 weeks of OHP treatment) he is complaining of stomache problems. and I want to thank you for doing this for complete strangers! i know you sacraficed sooooooooo many things to become a doctor and i just want you to know that i am appreciative.