Started throwing up mucus with blood. What is causing this and cure?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I suddenly felt like vomiting, so i went to the bathroom and force my self to vomit. I realise that the vomit is watery but as blood color. More like bloody water but not XXXXXXX in color with a few mucus in it.
Additional Info: Everyday I notice slimy mucus running down my throat, sometimes i would force it up and spit. Also during the nights i think alot of this goes down on my stomach. I always defficate everybody, now I have to force myself and when it do come, its just a small amount compared to what i ate for the day or the day before.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 10 hours later

Looking to the information shared by you, there are couple of possibilities in your case.

1. Acid reflux problem, in this you feel like heaviness after dinner, more at night while you sleep, something like discomfort in your chest.
2. Some local problem in throat, which can lead to some amount blood in vomit.

The possibility is more of stomach related problem.

Please visit your physician and get your self examined for this.

In mean time:

Please avoid heavy meals
Avoid oily and spicy food.
Avoid soft drinks
Do regular exercise
Take good sleep
Avoid eating at least 2 hours before sleeping at night.
You can take antacids that you have with you.

I hope this helps. Please visit your physician.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow up: Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 15 hours later
I will definitely take your advice. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 13 hours later
Thanks.

Please accept the answer and close the query.

have a nice time and good health.

dr.pragnesh