Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

199 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Started sweating, feeling dizzy and pain in rectum. Cause and cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5770 Questions
Last night I was awoke by a pain down by my rectum . it was so intense that I was sweating and felt extremly dizzy! It was only present when the fecies was moving into the rectum then once I completed the BM it went away! This is not normal for me and I was wondering if you had any idea as to what it could be. If it continues I will most definately see a Dr.
Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 19 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such acute pain in the rectum area can be caused by anal fissure or prostate inflammation. Anal fissure is strongly associated with constipations and hard stools, bright red blood in stool can also appear. The pain appears while passing the stool and usually disappears after it. Itching in rectum can also appears.
With prostate inflammation, additionally to the pain, burning when urinating or frequent urinating can appear. Sometimes pain can radiate to the back or groin.
If anal fissure sounds more possible, you should have a rectal exam and if necessary rectoscopy. To treat it you should avoid constipations, increase fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake, avoid fatty foods, have sitz baths with Quercus Cortex, wash your rectum after every bowel movement, and keep it dry and clean. Hemorrhoids suppositories can be helpful as well. You can also ask your doctor about Nitroglycerin gel (if fissure will be confirmed).
If prostate inflammation is more possible, you should have urine analysis and urine culture checked. If confirmed, antibiotics are necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist