Started sweating, bloating, anal leakage, passing gas and feeling chill. What am I suffering from?

Dr. Nsah Bernard

Posted on Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: hi,since last spring I have had sweats,chills,gloating,gas,anal leakage,this comes and goes,sometimes gone for a month and slowly comes back...also constitution...I have been on a few antibiotics that didn't work...u also have bad anxiety....please help...thanks!..my email is YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

From your description you are probably suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. Since the symptoms have been recurrent and troubling, it would be ideal to get a few relevant investigations which includes stool examination, colonoscopy, abdominal ultrasound and liver panel tested. A gastroenterologist can stream line the aforementioned test.

Anal leakage could be due to the IBS or hemorrhoid which can co-exist.

Though the aforementioned test are indicated to identify and treat your symptoms, you can try taking a high fibre diet and regular timed meals. Adequate sleep and destressing activities - physical exercise, yoga and meditation have also been beneficial.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Dr Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad