Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Started periods. Started sever pain and vomiting. Chest xray done. What is the required treatment?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
51 yr olds, not menopausal. On period wed morning severe pain sat on toilet so bad threw up violently. Ribs back hurting went doc Fri. chest xray ok gave zpack. Over weekend end of period yellow on tampon, today yellow XXXXXX thicker on side tampon.
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

According to your description the possibilities are:
Crohns disease: can flareup during periods. And can present with pain abdomen, frequent bowel movements, vomitings.
Yellow stain could be because of possible yeast infection during flaring up or rarely due to presence of fistulous track between intestines and vagina.

Pelvic inflammatory disease: it can present with pain abdomen that can become severe during periods.
Nausea, vomitings, vaginal discharge etc can be seen in PID.
The color of the discharge depends on the causative organism.
Chlamydia, gonorrhea etc can cause yellow to greenish yellow discharge.
Infection can occur by skin to skin contact apart from sexual intercourse.

So better you once consult gynecologist or general physician to get examined and to rule out above possibilities.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor