Started itching under arm. How to get relief?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Under arm itching
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 20 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.
Itching under arm can be due to tinea corporis,scabies,pityriasis versicolor,intertrigo etc.

Also I would like to know -
Since when you have this itching?
Does it have any discharge/pus/white matter/discoloration /scaling over the site?
Is it one one side or both underarm?
Is there itching on genitalia?

Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photos can help a lot to predict the condition.

Upload the photos and answers of the question and we can continue the discussion here.

DrSudarshan
Dermatology
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 7 minutes later
I have this itching from last summer. I have used Candid B for the relief, but seems not to be a permanent resolution. The itching is not continuous, it happens when I shave and the hairs start regrow. There is no change in the site, where the itching occurs only when I scratch it the red rashes will be created. If you still want any information or photographs plz let me know?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi again,
Thanks for the details .

Photos will be needed as they provide better understanding of your problem.
They can be uploaded by using UPLOAD YOUR REPORTS SECTION on right side of this box.
Also tell me
Is there any well defined border?
Does it spread beyond armpit or is it extending beyond arm pit?
Is it one one side or both underarm?
Is there itching on genitalia?

Upload the photos and we can continue the discussion.
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 5 days later
Doctor,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was travelling and I could not get online. I have uploaded the photos as required. Also the answers to the questions as follows:
Is there any well defined border?
Not exactly
No
Does it have any discharge/pus/white matter/discoloration /scaling over the site? No
Is it one one side or both underarm?
Both sides
Is there itching on genitalia?
No

Please let me know for further clarifications.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later
Hi Again,
Thanks for details and the photographs.

It appears that you have got intertrigo.

You can apply candid B cream twice daily over the affected area.
You can also use ABZORB powder twice daily.
Keep the area clean and dry.
Avoid moisture in the area.
Use loose clothes avoid any friction over the affected area.

It should be alright within a period of 2-3 weeks.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

Regards.