Started having pain across mid to lower back 36 hours

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Started having pain across mid to lower back 36 hours ago. Slept restless with lower back pain. couldn't get comfortable. Woke up yesterday felling a little achy, but as day went on pain moved to front lower left of abdomen. And as day wore on it stared to become tender to the touch.

Slept restless again, but pain is now focused in lower left abdomen just above belt line. Tenderness has increased slightly and still a little achy.

Also, still feel gassy .
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation....

Detailed Answer:

Does the pain feel like a constant dull ache or is it crampy in nature?
Do you have fever or vomiting?
Have you passed stools?
Is the abdomen distended?
Does it hurt to move?

The pain may be related to muscular ache, renal stone or due to an intestinal inflammation. The fact that the area is tender to touch, it seems alarming. I would consider a visit to a doctor / ER for detailed evaluation. Careful abdominal examination, a few blood test along with X-rays and abdominal ultrasound scan may be needed to confirm diagnosis.

Hope this helps.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 15 minutes later
1) Pain is mostly a dull ache, but I am also gassy so that creates the crampy feeling every once in a while.
2) No fever or vomiting
3) Abdomen is not distended.
4) When I first stand up after sitting for a while there is a mild pain in area, but not severe by any means
Answered by Dr. Prasad 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need evaluation as indicated...

Detailed Answer:

I am not sure if you were constipated or if you had loose stools? If you have urinary problems it may be related too.

Based on the details provided, the symptoms may be related to an intestinal condition. And if the pain is gradually worsening, it would be worthwhile to see a doctor and get through aforementioned investigations. NSAID pain medications coupled with antispasmodic agents would be prescribed to treat the pain symptomatically.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you need clarifications.